SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.9 issue18Teacher Training of the Institutional Program of Tutorials in a Virtual Learning EnvironmentMotivational factors to research and Virtual Learning Objects in Maesters students in Education Sciences author indexsubject indexsearch form
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand




Related links

  • Have no similar articlesSimilars in SciELO


RIDE. Revista Iberoamericana para la Investigación y el Desarrollo Educativo

On-line version ISSN 2007-7467


CARDOSO ESPINOSA, Edgar Oliver  and  CERECEDO MERCADO, María Trinidad. Assessment Study of Generic Competences in the Virtual Modality Degrees of Commerce and Administration of the IPN. RIDE. Rev. Iberoam. Investig. Desarro. Educ [online]. 2019, vol.9, n.18, pp.62-83. ISSN 2007-7467.

The objective of the research was to assess the generic competences of students in higher education in the online modality of the National Polytechnic Institute in the area of commerce and administration. The type of study that was used was a quantitative methodology with a descriptive scope. The instrument that was used to obtain the information was a questionnaire based on a Likert scale. The sample of the study was constituted by the student enrolled in the bachelor's degrees in Business Administration and Development, Public Accountant, International Business, Commercial Relations, International Trade offered by the Higher School of Commerce and Administration, Santo Tomas Unit. The sample distribution with respect to gender was 82% of women and the remaining 18% of men. To organize and analyze the information, descriptive and inferential statistics were used.

The main results were that the student has a level of proficiency from insufficient to moderate for the generic competences of instrumental, interpersonal and systemic type. Also, significant statistical differences were found by gender, age, work experience and academic level.

Keywords : generic competences; student; evaluation; level of mastery.

        · abstract in Spanish | Portuguese     · text in Spanish     · Spanish ( pdf )