Ingeniería, investigación y tecnología
Print version ISSN 1405-7743
SANCHEZ-SANTILLAN, N; GARDUNO-LOPEZ, M.R; RITTER-ORTIZ, W and GUZMAN-RUIZ, S.A. The Limits of the Newtonian Forecast and the search of order in the chaos. Ing. invest. y tecnol. [online]. 2008, vol.9, n.2, pp. 171-182. ISSN 1405-7743.
Newtonian deterministic mechanichs can only describe and predict the behavior of simple natural systems with few components, which represent approximately 10% of those conforming the universal reality known until now. The remaining 90%, whose complexity and degree of uncertainty make them practically inaccessible to this approach, require a new holistic or total vision, with an approach that includes concepts of Newton's and Descartes's classical mechanics, as much as those emanated from the indeterministic stream, such as nonlinearity and aleatory sequences, calculus of probability and statistics, chaos and order, exponential instability, quantum Theory, attractors and fractals, and information theory.
Keywords : Non-linearity; prognosis; order; chaos; stochasticity.