SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.12 número2Comparación de fuerza de unión de 3 marcas de dientes de resina acrílica sobre 2 diferentes marcas de resinas acrílicas para base de dentadurasReconstrucción del segmento anterior mandibular con injerto microvascular de peroné en doble barra. Reporte de un caso índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados




Links relacionados

  • No hay artículos similaresSimilares en SciELO


Revista odontológica mexicana

versión impresa ISSN 1870-199X


VALENZUELA, Emilia  y  PARES, Gustavo. Restoration of temporary anterior teeth: a new clinical application technique for aesthetic chrome steel crowns. Rev. Odont. Mex [online]. 2008, vol.12, n.2, pp.81-87. ISSN 1870-199X.

The purpose of this clinical investigation was to describe an aesthetic technique for temporary anterior teeth with advantages that other techniques do not offer. A clinical study was carried out with children (n = 10) with a range of age from 2 to 4.5 years (average age = 3.08 years) using stainless steel-chrome crowns in central and lateral upper and lower incisors (N = 22). A portion of metallic mesh was solded to the crowns in the labial surface, the meshwork was etched with phosphoric acid. A scotbond primer (silane) was applied. A thin coat of white masking agent and composite were applied and light cured. These veneer crowns were polished, finished and cemented. Results: During the follow-up from six months to 2 years, a veneer crown (4.5%) was lost by traumatic injury, the rest (21, 95.5%) remained in the oral cavity in ideal conditions.

Palabras llave : Restoration anterior temporary teeth; aesthetics crowns.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )