SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.54 número4 índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados




Links relacionados

  • No hay artículos similaresSimilares en SciELO


Revista de la Facultad de Medicina (México)

versión On-line ISSN 2448-4865versión impresa ISSN 0026-1742


ARIAS LEDESMA, Víctor Gustavo. Leptospirosis in Tabasco: Study of a breakout in a prison, 2010. Rev. Fac. Med. (Méx.) [online]. 2011, vol.54, n.4, pp.4-9. ISSN 2448-4865.

Leptospirosis is a zoonotic worldwide distributive disease, produced by spirochete of pathogenic strains of the genus Leptospira, has a wide clinical polymorphism, but generally occurs in two different ways: non icteric, considered as a more (85-90% of cases) and the hepatic nefrótic, clinical serious and that occurs in 5 to 10% (Weil's disease). In situations of disaster, have an increase, Leptospirosis outbreaks have been linked with the rains, for example during weather events that promote the presentation of cases. Material and methods: an observational cross-sectional study and reviewed where the samples from all health courts and all other institutions in the health sector to the epidemiological week 40 of the year 2010 in Tabasco, analyzed by MAT, in accordance with the algorithm and criteria proposed by the Institute for diagnostic and epidemiological reference (InDRE). Results: A sample of 271 were processed for Leptospira up to epidemiological week 40, in studied samples, 30% were caused by a serovar and the remainder (70%) by more than. The attack rate is low given the high infectivity 0.52%, however the fatality rate is extremely high with 50% case fatality ratio. Conclusions: always it's important to take in mind pathologies related to zoonoses regardless of the region in which we find ourselves and the study of symptoms and signs, as well as an appropriate medical history we can be useful in the prevention of mortality.

Palabras llave : Leptospirosis; outbreak study; prison; Indre; serovar.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )


Creative Commons License Todo el contenido de esta revista, excepto dónde está identificado, está bajo una Licencia Creative Commons