SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.10 issue19Environmental Curricular Mainstreaming Strategy in Higher Education Through Curricular Design CommitteesVulnerability to Internet Use in Children and Youth of Mayan-Speaking Communities in Southeast Mexico author indexsubject indexsearch form
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand




Related links

  • Have no similar articlesSimilars in SciELO


RIDE. Revista Iberoamericana para la Investigación y el Desarrollo Educativo

On-line version ISSN 2007-7467


ZEPEDA HURTADO, María Elena; CARDOSO ESPINOSA, Edgar Oliver  and  CORTES RUIZ, Jésica Alhelí. Project-Based Learning for the Development of Soft Skills in the Upper Secondary Level of the Instituto Politécnico Nacional. RIDE. Rev. Iberoam. Investig. Desarro. Educ [online]. 2019, vol.10, n.19, e019.  Epub May 15, 2020. ISSN 2007-7467.

The objective of this research was to develop soft skills in students through the implementation of the project-based learning methodology at the upper secondary level of the Instituto Politécnico Nacional (IPN). It was used a quantitative methodology with a descriptive scope. The instrument that was used to obtain the information was a questionnaire based on a Likert scale. The sample of the study was constituted by the students enrolled in the Centro de Estudios Científicos y Tecnológicos belonging to the IPN. The sample distribution with respect to gender was 67% of men and the remaining 33% of women. The main results were that the participants recognized a very frequent development of their soft skills in the following categories: interpersonal, decision making, critical thinking and self-control, and communication skills.

Keywords : project-based learning; upper secondary education; student body; soft skills.

        · abstract in Spanish | Portuguese     · text in Spanish     · Spanish ( pdf )