SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.9 número3Presencia de Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum en Bactericera cockerelli Sulc asociada con enfermedades en tomate, chile y papaCaracterización in vitro de rizobacterias y su antagonismo con hongos causantes del damping off en chile índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados




Links relacionados

  • No hay artículos similaresSimilares en SciELO


Revista mexicana de ciencias agrícolas

versión impresa ISSN 2007-0934


MANDUJANO BUENO, Andrés; PONS HERNANDEZ, José Luis; PAREDES MELESIO, Roberto  y  GARCIA MEZA, Paul. Genetic diversity of maguey (Agave spp.) in the mountains and plains of northern Guanajuato. Rev. Mex. Cienc. Agríc [online]. 2018, vol.9, n.3, pp.511-523. ISSN 2007-0934.

The agaves, endemic species of America with center of origin in Mexico are plants of semi-arid environments such as the mountains and plains of northern Guanajuato. In this subprovince are located the two municipalities of Guanajuato with designation of origin mezcal (DOM), which like tequila is distilled drink of agave with growing popularity inside and outside the country demanding more raw material and industrialization of processes including monoculture of species native or introduced agave, which reduces its genetic variability, putting at risk its diversity in the region. The objective of the research was to identify mezcalero agave species and their genetic diversity in the mountains and plains of northern Guanajuato, to generate base information to implement projects of dissemination, conservation, protection and rational use of agave, as well as to revalue this valuable resource, especially in the municipalities of San Felipe and San Luis of the Paz where there is a DOM. From 2014 to 2015, the field was identified, taxonomically characterized and collected samples of agave species distributed in the region. Later in the laboratory, they were analyzed using ISTR DNA markers, the Nei gene diversity was calculated. The taxonomic characterization allowed the identification of nine agave species and the diversity analysis determined that the agave populations of the mountains and plains of northern Guanajuato are poorly differentiated. 19% of the variation detected belongs to differences between species, the rest 81% represents genetic diversity within the species studied.

Palabras llave : agave; genetic diversity; ISTR markers.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español | Inglés     · Español ( pdf ) | Inglés ( pdf )