SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

vol.1 número2Extracción secuencial y caracterización fisicoquímica de ácidos húmicos en diferentes compost y el efecto sobre trigo índice de autoresíndice de materiabúsqueda de artículos
Home Pagelista alfabética de revistas  

Servicios Personalizados



Links relacionados

  • No hay artículos similaresSimilares en SciELO


Revista mexicana de ciencias agrícolas

versión impresa ISSN 2007-0934


CAMAS GOMEZ, Robertony et al. Automated land evaluation for cropping, maize and sesame in relay intercropping. Rev. Mex. Cienc. Agríc [online]. 2010, vol.1, n.2, pp. 119-131. ISSN 2007-0934.

In the Frailesca, Chiapas, maize is the main crop in monoculture. It is mainly Brown in intermediate terrace soils, located physiographically between lowland soils on river banks and hillsides. The aim of this study was to create a model to plan the establishment of maize (Zea mays L.) as a seasonal crop and sesame (Sesamun indicum L.) as a relay crop after maize. The model was created by applying the FAO methodology for automatic land evaluation, ALES version 4.5. In order to do this, technical, cartographic and field information was gathered in order to create a data base. Maps were processed using the program Arc View 3.2. Twenty two units of land were classified, considering the soil's physical and chemical characteristics. Out of the total area evaluated, maize displayed the following physical aptitudes: adequate 2.3%, moderate 28.2%, marginal 50.3% and inadequate 19.2%. For the relay sesame; 19.2% was adequate, 61.5% moderate and 19.2% inadequate. The simulated yields were very similar to the validation and demonstration parcels established in the area. It was concluded that out of the total area evaluated and cultivated with maize in monoculture, 80.7% can be intensified by introducing relay sesame, and that the automated land system helps create a reliable plan for soil use.

Palabras llave : Sesamun indicum L.; expert system.

        · resumen en Español     · texto en Español     · Español ( pdf )


Creative Commons License All the contents of this journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License