SciELO - Scientific Electronic Library Online

 issue35Litterfall and potential nutrient return in three sites of the state of Nuevo Leon, MexicoIn vitro propagation of mexican oaks (Quercus spp.) author indexsubject indexsearch form
Home Pagealphabetic serial listing  

Services on Demand




Related links

  • Have no similar articlesSimilars in SciELO



Print version ISSN 1405-2768


HUERTA-ZAVALA, Jorge; ARREGUIN-SANCHEZ, María de la Luz; QUIROZ-GARCIA, David Leonor  and  FERNANDEZ-NAVA, Rafael. Life cycle of Pellaea ternifolia (Cav.) link subsp. ternifolia (Pteridaceae-Polypodiidae). Polibotánica [online]. 2013, n.35, pp.65-84. ISSN 1405-2768.

We describe the life cycle of Pellaea ternifolia (Cav.) Link subsp. ternifolia. Studied material was collected in a disturbed forest of Pinus in San Miguel de los Alcanfores, Tlaxco municipality, State of Tlaxcala, Mexico. Spores were sown in polyurethane vessel of 262 ml prepared in the following manner: the glasses were layered with ceramic, river stone, mosquito net and three natural substrates (plant litter, maquique and moss), all previously sterilized and enclosed in plastic bags tied with copper wire. The cycle proved to be typically isosporeus with prothallial development corresponding to the Adiantum type. The gametophytes were cordate, 70% of them produced antheridia and archegonia and the other 30% were apogamic. Young sporophytes were obtained around 63 days after sowing.

Keywords : life cycle; Pellaea ternifolia subsp. ternifolia; gametophyte development; sporophyte development; apogamy.

        · abstract in Spanish     · text in Spanish     · Spanish ( pdf )


Creative Commons License All the contents of this journal, except where otherwise noted, is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License