Universidad y ciencia
versão impressa ISSN 0186-2979
ZURITA-CARMONA, ME et al. Diet composition, protein and energy intake of the black iguana, Ctenosaura pectinata Wiegmann, 1834, and population density in Santos Reyes Nopala, Oaxaca. Universidad y ciencia [online]. 2009, vol.25, n.1, pp. 103-109. ISSN 0186-2979.
The composition of the diet and the protein and energy intake were estimated for 14 iguanas (Ctenosaura pectinata), and the population density was determined in seven sampling sites in Santos Reyes Nopala. Plants constituted 69.8% of the diet and animals made up the remaining 30.2%. Protein content was 25.3% and metabolisable energy was 2.703 Mcal/kg. Population density of the iguanas was different, and this may be related to the high protein and energy demands.
Palavras-chave : Iguana; Ctenosaura pectinata; population density; diet.